This Web site (acn-aed.org)(“this Site”) is operated by AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED (CANADA) INC. (“us”, “we” or “AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA”):
- You acknowledge that information on our Site may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, all of which we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA disclaims any sort of representation or claim as to the accuracy or exactness of the content and information contained in this Site and the documents, elements of content and pages published therein (our “Content”).
- You agree to use and view this Site in accordance with applicable law, and to refrain from restraining or impeding the display or use of this Site by us or any other user.
- You may access and view this Site and its Content by using a Web browser, and may print out pages for your personal use only. You may not, however, otherwise reproduce or republish any part of this Site or its Content, without the prior written authorization of AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not make any commercial use of any part of this Site or its Content without our prior written authorization. You may reproduce documents or photos found on our Site for your personal use only and, then, only to the extent you provide credits and source attribution, and that you make no change to such documents or photos prior to using them.
- AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA is not and will not be responsible for the content of any external websites to which our Site may link, nor for any results of your use or inability to use such third-party Web sites.
- Any and all elements of content, communications, documents and components that may be transmitted or posted to or through our Site by visitors and users (“User Content”), including any comments, questions, messages or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential information. By transmitting such content to AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA or posting same on our Site, you grant to AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA a worldwide, perpetual, sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free license to publish and reproduce such content on any media whatsoever, including without limitation this Site.
- If there is a conflict between the Terms and the specific terms and conditions that apply to a specific Content that may be posted through our Site, the latter shall take precedent.
- THIS SITE IS BEING PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, LEGAL OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL REMAIN FUNCTIONAL OR OPERATE AT ALL TIMES, NOR THAT IT IS EXEMPT FROM ERRORS, BUGS, MALWARE OR VIRUSES, NOR THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL REMAIN INTERRUPTED OR THAT ANY ERRORS, BUGS, MALWARE OR VIRUSES MAY OR WILL BE CORRECTED OR ELIMINATED.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensors, and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties“) from and against any and all liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees’) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of your breach of these Terms or the alleged violation of third-party rights (including intellectual property rights, personality rights and rights in their reputation) because of User Content which you submitted to or through this Site (each a “Claim”). You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA in the defense of any Claim. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claim or matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
- YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES OR ANY PREJUDICE OF ANY SORT, TYPE OR KIND THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR VIEWING OR USE OF THIS SITE, OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, WHETHER UNDER THE THEORY OF CONTRACT LAW OR ANY OTHER FORM OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, EVEN IF AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA SHALL ONLY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES HEREUNDER FOR AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED CAD$1.00 OR, IN THE EVENT THAT THE DIRECT DAMAGES RELATE TO A PURCHASE MADE THROUGH THIS SITE, THE AMOUNT OF SUCH PURCHASE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- These Terms will be interpreted and applied in accordance with the laws applicable in the Province of Québec, Canada, including Federal laws and regulations applicable therein. Any litigation in connection with the interpretation, application or enforcement of these Terms will be venued exclusively before the competent courts of the Judicial District of Montréal, Québec, Canada, to the exclusion of any other.
- This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors and assigns. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits, except for authorized assigns or transferees. Each covenant and provision in these Terms shall be construed for all purposes to be a separate and independent covenant or provision; If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision (or portion of a provision) of these Terms to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, the remaining provisions (or portions of provisions) of these Terms shall not be affected thereby and shall be found to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you, the visitor to this Site, and AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA regarding the terms and conditions that apply to your use of our Site.
- The content of this document has been published simultaneously in French on our Site, and may at all times be viewed and printed in that language.
- AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time, with or without prior notice to you. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Continued use of this Site after amendment of these Terms will be deemed your acceptance of such terms, as so amended.
Protection of your Personal Information
The policy and practices we have adopted were designed to comply with Canadian legislation relating to privacy and personal information. Should you wish to know how we collect, handle and communicate personal information, please read the following. As this policy may change from time to time, we suggest that you consult this page periodically.
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA understands that it is accountable for all personal information it may receive from individuals, from time to time, whether through our Web site (acn-aed.org)(“our Site) or otherwise. AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA respects all legal and regulatory requirements on collecting, using and communicating to others personal information it may hold.
Collection of Personal Information
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA may collect general information on the activities of the visitors of its Site, including their respective IP addresses and a list of the pages they visited.
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA may also collect the following personal information from visitors of our Site who complete either the donation form or the newsletter subscription form: Name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date (if applicable), gender and preferred language of communication. We may also collect additional information and notes that donors voluntarily include free form in their donation form, as the case may be.
Protection of personal information
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA is committed to taking the necessary measures to protect the personal information it may receive from individuals, from time to time, including those of each visitor of our Site. To that end, we ensure that:
- All donor information is at all times treated by a responsible staff person;
- All personal information is registered in a secure database; and
- Our Internet donations facility is a secure site with all information encrypted or coded, so as to be otherwise inaccessible.
Use of Personal Information
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA may use personal information on the activities of visitors of our Site, including their respective IP addresses and a list of the pages they visited, to optimize the form and content of our site, including to assess how this Site is being used, in order to provide our users with the most efficient web experience possible. Without limitation, we may use such information to try and understand what matters most to benefactors and visitors to our site, so as to help us refine and adjust the content to better serve our benefactors and users and never communicated to a third party unless specified.
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA uses personal information it may receive from time to time from donors (through our donation form), to process financial transactions to effect such donations, as well as to allow the issuance of tax receipts and meet its obligations as to tax regulations. From time to time, we may also use personal information so received from donors to solicit further donations.
Personal information submitted by visitors of our Site to subscribe to our newsletter may be used by AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA to manage such subscriptions, including to send our newsletter by email if this option is selected by a user. From time to time, we may also use personal information so received through the newsletter subscription form to solicit further donations.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Should any individual communicate personal information to AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA for purposes of effecting a donation, we may communicate pertinent information to designated financial institutions, for purposes of processing said transaction(s), including those made through a credit card.
Access to Your Personal Information and Updating of our Records
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA makes every effort to ensure its policy and practices with respect to personal information are both comprehensive and accessible. All requests for information or for clarification are welcomed. Any individual may request information on his or her personal file at any time.
It is important to AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA that personal information we hold regarding individuals be accurate. If you change your e-mail address, or if any of the other information that you provided us is incorrect, please inform us by writing to: [email protected] Any individual regarding whom AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA holds any personal information may, at any time, request that we that we correct such personal information. As the case may be, we will promptly honor any and all such requests by any individual.
Unsubscribing and Deletion of Personal Information
From time to time, any subscriber regarding whom AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA holds personal information may request that we unsubscribe him/her (so as to exclude him/her from any of our mailing lists such as our digital mailing lists) and/or that we delete their personal information from our systems. As the case may be, we will promptly honor any and all such requests by any individual. As the case may be, upon deleting and destroying personal information we hold regarding any individual, AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA shall shred all paper records and all erase all electronic data reflecting same, subject to any legal obligations imposed on us by Canadian laws and regulations, including as to retention of records for tax purposes.
For example, if you no longer wish to be contacted or solicited by AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA, please inform us by writing to: [email protected] If you do so, please make sure to tell us which means of communication we have been using to reach you: e-mail, regular mail or other.
By e-mail: at [email protected] and include your full name, address, postal code and telephone number to insure we are able to treat your request rapidly and efficiently.
By telephone: Toll free at 1 (800)585.6333 or for the Montreal area at (514) 932-0552 and select – 2– to be served in English.
By mail: Aid to the Church in Need (Canada), Postal Box 670, Station H, Montréal, QC H3G 2M6.
AID TO THE CHURCH IN NEED CANADA Online Donation Policy
The processing of an online donation will occur between 1 and 5 working days (with possible exceptions due to holiday schedules).
Ceasing the transaction of a donation or a pre-authorized donation will be executed within a 1 to 5 working day period (with possible exceptions due to holiday schedules).
Income tax receipts will only be issued upon request by the benefactor.
If a donation is made online and accidentally is made more than once, or if you have entered an amount different than the one you actually wanted to give – please contact us immediately at [email protected] so we can make the required adjustments.
Monthly and pre-authorized donations may be cancelled at any time, by contacting us.
Contact us by e-mail at at [email protected] and include your full name, address, postal code and telephone number to insure we are able to treat your request rapidly and efficiently.
Contact us by telephone: Toll free at 1 (800) 585.6333 or for the Montreal area at (514) 932-0552 and select – 2– to be served in English.